Breakfast Pasta with Bacon & Poached Eggs
Elevate your first meal of the day with our recipe for Collezione Rigatoni pasta with hickory-smoked bacon and poached eggs. Bronze-cut pasta soaks up the flavors of the egg yolk and truffle butter for a mouth-watering experience. Lots of freshly grated black pepper, parmigiano cheese, and chopped parsley add to the allure of this decadent dish. This rigatoni recipe works its magic for brunch, lunch, or any time of day.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6
- 1 box, Barilla® Collezione Rigatoni
- 1 8 oz Pkg, hickory smoked bacon, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp, truffle butter
- 2 Tbsp, red wine vinegar
- 6 eggs, poached
- ½ cup, Parmigiano, grated
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Bring two pots of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, render bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it’s crispy.
- Cook pasta according to directions, and at the same time poach eggs in boiling water seasoned with a bit of vinegar and salt.
Drain rigatoni two minutes under required cooking time, but reserve 1 cup cooking water.
Toss pasta over high heat in the skillet, adding cooking water as needed to thin out the sauce.
Turn off heat, stir in cheese, parsley and truffle butter.
Serve topped with a poached egg with the yolk still partially running.