Ingredients 6 Servings
- 2 cups hickory chips
- 6 quarts water
- 1 lb. butter
- 10 Meyer lemons, zested, juiced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves confit garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 oz. water
- 2 oz. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Calabrian chili paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 11 oz. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pkg. Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- Fennel fronds, for garnish
For Smoked Water:Prepare smoker with hickory chips. Pour water into large pot. Place in smoker.
For Lemon Butter:Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add lemon juice and zest, onions and garlic; mix well. Let stand at room temperature 10 hours to infuse flavors. Puree in blender until smooth. Set aside.
For Chili Mollica:Mix water, oil, yeast, chili and tomato pastes, and sugar in mixer fitted with dough hook attachment. Add flour and salt. Mix on low speed until a sticky dough forms. Transfer to oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 6 hours to rise. Remove from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Press dough into oiled large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 min. Cool. Cut off edges; discard.
- Pull loaf into small pieces. Arrange on clean baking sheet. Bake in 200°F oven 5 hours or until dried out.
For Pasta:Bring Smoked Water to boil in large pot. Cook pasta 7-8 min. or until done. Drain, reserving pasta cooking water. Return pasta to pot.
- Melt Lemon Butter in small saucepan. Add some of the pasta cooking water. Season with pepper. Add to pasta in pot. Toss vigorously, adding some olive oil and additional pasta cooking water as needed to create a sauce.
- Garnish with Chli Mollica, anchovies and fennel fronds.