Collezione Bucatini with Charred Vidalia Onion Sauce
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Collezione Bucatini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Vidalia onions, diced
- ½ pound oyster mushrooms, sliced thin
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup fresh mint plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano grated cheese, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Meanwhile, in a skillet, char the onions until they are slightly brown.
3Remove onions from the skillet and place into a blender with vegetable broth, mint, cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
4In the same skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the mushrooms over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper then deglaze the pan with white wine.
5Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and combine with the mushrooms and onion sauce.
6Garnish with pine nuts, cheese and mint.