Bucatini with Spring Peas, Crispy Pancetta & Mint
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Collezione Bucatini
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Vidalia onion, cut in thick julienne
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup spring peas, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup pancetta, rendered and crispy
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
1Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2Meanwhile in a large skillet, gently sauté onion with half the olive oil for a few minutes until translucent. Add wine, reduce to half then add peas and broth.
3Bring to simmer and season with salt and freshly grated black pepper.
4Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with peas mixture for a minute over high heat.
5Stir in mint and garnish with pancetta and cheese before serving.