Tips: The red onion can be replaced with spring onion. As a final touch use basil oil: Blanched basil, cooled and blended with extra virgin olive oil.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box of Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, julienne
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 leaves basil, julienne
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
In a non-stick pan heat 1-tablespoon olive oil and fry julienned onions.
- Add cherry tomatoes and let them sauté gently for 20 minutes, seasoning with salt, stir in basil.
- Serve with ground black pepper and cheese.