Tip: Datterino tomatoes can also be used in place of cherry tomatoes.
- 1 box of Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- ½ cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- In a non-stick pan sauté zucchini with half of the olive oil and season with a little salt. Set aside.
- In the same pan slightly brown the onions, then add the cherry tomatoes. Sauté gently for a few minutes until thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Mix pasta with the sautéed tomatoes and mint leaves. Add the zucchini, then sprinkle with cheese and serve.