Ingredients 6 Servings
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces mushrooms (beech mushrooms, also called shimeji mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn, freshly cracked
- 1 ounce white seasonal truffle, available at Eataly
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Cook Orecchiette "al dente" according to package directions. Drain; reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and salt and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a boil. Add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, black pepper and pasta water. Allow to thicken. stirring constantly.
- Add pasta to the skillet with the cheese sauce and toss.
- Plate and finish with freshly grated shaved truffle, or alternatively, finish with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese