Collezione Casarecce with Roasted Cauliflower, Savoy Cabbage & Creamy Saffron Sauce
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups purple cauliflower, small florets
- 3 cups savoy cabbage, sliced thin
- Saffron to taste
- 1 red Calabrian chili pepper, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat, add onion, cauliflower and cabbage; sauté for 3-4 minutes or until it’s well browned. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
3Add vegetable broth, chili pepper and saffron, reduce to half, stir in cream, season with salt and bring to boil.
4Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions and drain.
5Combine pasta with the cauliflower sauce and bring to a simmer, remove skillet from heat and toss with cheese and parsley. Top with pistachios before serving.