Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups purple cauliflower, small florets
- 3 cups savoy cabbage, sliced thin
- Saffron to taste
- 1 red Calabrian chili pepper, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat, add onion, cauliflower and cabbage; sauté for 3-4 minutes or until it’s well browned. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add vegetable broth, chili pepper and saffron, reduce to half, stir in cream, season with salt and bring to boil.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions and drain.
- Combine pasta with the cauliflower sauce and bring to a simmer, remove skillet from heat and toss with cheese and parsley. Top with pistachios before serving.