Collezione Orecchiette with Smoked Short Ribs, Roasted Root Vegetables & Parmigiano
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup Cabernet
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups prepared (store bought or from restaurant) smoked beef short rib meat, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Preheat oven to 425°F; meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil; add salt to taste.
2Coat carrots, turnip and parsnip with 3 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven until slightly brown, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
3In a skillet, sauté onion with remaining olive oil until light yellow, about 5 minutes, add wine and reduce to 1/3; add broth and short ribs. Once sauce comes to a simmer, stir in roasted vegetables.
4Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with ribs mixture.
5Finish with parsley, butter and cheese before serving.