Collezione Rigatoni with Lamb, Artichokes, Lemon & Tarragon
- Total Fat
- Total Carbs
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Rigatoni
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 artichokes, cleaned well and sliced into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ pound ground lamb
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, sauté garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until onions are opaque.
- Add the lamb and increase the heat to high. Brown well and stir occasionally. Stir in the red wine then reduce by half, add the tomato paste and one cup of water. Season with salt and pepper then bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until thickened.
- In a medium skillet, cook the artichokes in remaining olive oil until slightly browned and cooked through.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with lamb sauce and artichokes.
- Stir in cheese, tarragon and lemon zest before serving.