Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Collezione Spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian pepper, chopped
- 1-28 ounce can San Marzano (peeled) tomatoes, crushed
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, divided
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile sauté garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for one minute, until it turns slightly yellow, then add Calabrian pepper and half the oregano, infuse for one minute. Stir in tomatoes, season with salt and simmer.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with sauce.
- Stir in remaining olive oil, oregano and top with cheese before serving.