Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 cup guanciale (Italian cured meat), julienne
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Turn the oven on to 450° F.
- Coat cauliflower with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven until slightly brown, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a pot of water to boil; cook pasta according to the directions.
- Meanwhile in large skillet, sauté guanciale until it gets slightly crispy.
- In a separate bowl mix yolks, cheese, salt.
- Drain pasta then toss over low heat with guanciale and cauliflower.
- Turn off heat and stir in yolk mixture making sure they are cooked enough to coat pasta but not scrambled.
- Serve immediately with freshly ground black pepper sprinkled on top.