Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 Box Barilla® Collezione Orechiette
- 1 Pound fava beans, peeled
- 9 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Small bunch basil
- ½ Cup bacon, rendered
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ Cup Romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, simmer fava beans with 4 tablespoons olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Process half of the beans with basil in a blender; season with salt and pepper and combine with the rest.
- In a separate pan blister tomatoes with remaining olive oil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with fava beans mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes, top with rendered bacon and sprinkle cheese before serving.