Collezione Rigatoni with Shallots, Porcini Mushrooms & Heirloom Tomatoes
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Collezione Rigatoni
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 ounce dry porcini mushrooms, reconstituted, 1 cup water reserved
- 2 pints heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup chervil, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2Meanwhile in a skillet, gently heat 2½ tablespoons olive oil with shallot for 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and sauté 2 more minutes over high heat. Add tomatoes, blister for 1 minute then add mushroom’s water and cream. Season with salt and pepper and bring to boil.
3Drain pasta and toss with creamy sauce.
4Garnish with remaining olive oil, cheese and chervil before serving.