Three Cheese Tortellini with Savoy Cabbage & Peanuts
This tortellini is the perfectly balanced trifecta of sweet Swiss Emmenthal, light Ricotta, and nutty Grana Padano. What's not to love?
Tips: Walnuts can be used in place of peanuts. To keep the cabbage green, blanch it and cool it in water and ice.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 bag of Barilla® Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 2sage leaves
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
In a skillet, sauté cabbage with olive oil, garlic and sage.
When garlic is tender, add peanuts. After a few moments add cream along with butter.
Meanwhile, cook Tortellini according to package directions, drain and toss with cabbage mixture.
Serve with cheese sprinkled over the top.