Barilla® Backyard BBQ Gluten Free Mac & Cheese with Bacon
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 Box, Barilla Gluten Free Elbows
- 2 Tbsp, Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups, heavy cream
- ½ Cup, Sharp White Cheddar
- ½ Cup, Cheddar
- ½ Cup, Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ Cup, Pepper Jack Cheese
- ¼ Cup, parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ Cup, Crispy Bacon, chopped (Optional)
- ½ Cup, Sliced Green onions
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Cook the pasta according to package directions.
3Meanwhile, gently cook the garlic in butter for 1-2 minute or until slightly yellow in color.
4Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer, then season with salt and pepper and reduce by ¼.
5Remove the cream from the heat and slowly melt in the soft cheeses, stirring continuously.
6Drain and toss the pasta with the cheese sauce.
7Top with parmesan cheese, bacon and green onions before serving.