Barilla® Backyard BBQ Gluten Free Mac & Cheese with Bacon
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Elbows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sharp white cheddar
- ½ cup cheddar
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup Pepper Jack cheese
- ¼ cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
- ½ cup crispy bacon, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, gently cook the garlic in butter for 1-2 minute or until slightly yellow in color.
Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer, then season with salt and pepper and reduce by ¼.
- Remove the cream from the heat and slowly melt in the soft cheeses, stirring continuously.
- Drain and toss the pasta with the cheese sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese, bacon and green onions before serving.