Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Penne
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion with olive oil until translucent, three minutes over medium heat.
- Add sausage and brown well over high heat until cooked through. Add mushrooms, keep cooking until slightly brown, stir in white wine and reduce to half. Add chicken broth and simmer until reduced, about twenty minutes.
- Drain pasta and toss with sausage mixture, stir in cheese and parsley before serving.