- Gluten Free
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Fettuccine
- ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium butternut squash, diced
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chiffonade
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a nonstick skillet sauté onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add butternut squash, sauté for five minutes then add broth, simmer until thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool down and process half of the mixture in the blender until smooth. Put all back together.
- Meanwhile in a separate skillet sauté mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat until slightly brown, season with salt, pepper, and add to butternut mixture.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with sauce.
- Finish with cheese, parsley and remaining olive oil.