- Gluten Free
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 2 lemons
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice the lemons to yield ½ cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Grate lemon peels to yield 1 tablespoon lemon zest.
- Whisk oil, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl to blend. Set the lemon sauce aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add pasta to the lemon sauce, and toss with basil and lemon zest.
- Toss pasta with enough reserved cooking water to moisten, ¼ cup at a time.
- Transfer to bowls and serve.