Spicy Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
Everything you love about creamy mac & cheese – now gluten free! This spicy, gluten free dish combines jalapeños, milk, cream & pepper jack cheese for a flavorful dish.
Barilla Gluten Free Elbows
Spice Up Your Baked Mac & CheeseIt's the gluten free macaroni and cheese recipe you've always wanted, with a kick! Jalapeños and Pepper Jack cheese turn up the heat on this classic comfort food. Make this gluten free mac & cheese recipe part of your recipe repertoire!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Elbows
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups organic milk
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 pound Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño, small diced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta 2 minutes shorter than recommended cook time.
- In a small pot, heat milk and cream until begins to simmer.
- Mix corn starch with 2 tablespoon water to create a slurry. Add slurry to the cream mixture to thicken, then season with salt, pepper and jalapeño.
- Slowly add ¾ of the cheese into the sauce, whisking constantly.
- Add pasta to the mixture and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Place in a 13 x 9 greased baking dish, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until bubbling and slightly caramelized on the top.