Gluten Free Tuna Casserole with Rotini PastaMake tuna noodle casserole an entirely new experience for everyone by following our recipe which calls for gluten free rotini pasta and bread crumbs. Combining the best of tuna recipes and rotini pasta casseroles, this modern take on a tuna casserole recipe bakes cheddar cheese, peas, spinach and al dente pasta into one magical dish. Try out your gluten free rotini skills and let this pasta bake speak for itself!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Rotini
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup peas, thawed
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 2 cans tuna in oil, drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Italian style gluten free bread crumbs
- Salt and black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to boil and pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, add half of the olive oil to a pan and sauté onions over high heat until slightly translucent (about 4 minutes).
- Adjust the head to medium and add peas and spinach until the spinach is wilted, then add the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to simmer.
- Gently fold in 2 cups of cheese.
- Meanwhile, cook gluten free rotini pasta according to package directions.
- Drain rotini and toss with sauce and tuna.
- Place gluten free rotini casserole mixture in a 13x9" baking dish, add remaining cheese, and top with gluten free bread crumbs, remaining oil, salt and pepper.
Bake at 400°F until bread crumbs turn crispy and golden, about 10 minutes