- Gluten Free
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Rotini
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers in salt soaked in hot water, 30 min.
- ¾ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- ¾ cup Castelvetrano olives [or other green], pitted
- 1 28-ounce can peeled tomatoes, crushed
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium-size skillet sauté garlic in olive oil until light golden.
- Add capers, chili pepper and olives and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, smash with a wooden spoon, in the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Mix and cook sauce for 2 more minutes. Adjust with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta; add to the sauce. Toss for 1 minute. Stir in cheese.
- Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.