Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Rotini
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined and cut lengthwise
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and White pepper to taste
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced thin
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion in olive oil until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 more minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender, process the coconut milk with avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Drain and toss with shrimp, avocado coconut pesto and garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately, do not chill.