Summer Pasta Salad: Gluten Free StyleHere's a gluten free macaroni pasta salad for your next potluck, picnic, or summer outing. Enjoy classic pasta taste and texture using our gluten free elbow pasta in a homestyle pasta salad with chicken.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Elbows
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt & pepper and 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Grill the chicken about 4 minutes per side or until fully cooked - set aside to cool.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar, sugar and celery seed - stir to combine. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and toss with 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
Once the pasta has slightly cooled, toss with the sauce and vegetables.
Top with grilled chicken & serve immediately – do not chill.