- 1 Box Barilla Chickpea Casarecce
- 1 1/4 cup of butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, small
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- 1/4 cup Kalamata green olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 sage leaves, chopped
- Sweet paprika to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook butternut squash with water, butter, paprika, salt, and pepper over medium heat until soft.
Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Blend butternut squash mixture with sage and half of the olive oil.
- In a skillet, add remaining olive oil and sauté leeks until tender, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and olives, then sauté for an additional minute. Mix broccoli, leeks, and olives into butternut squash mixture.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Mix pasta with the butternut squash mixture, cooking water, and half of the cheese.
- Check seasoning and garnish with the remaining the cheese.