Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, julienne
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium size zucchini, diced 1 inch
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup Romano cheese, shredded [optional]
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Season zucchini with salt, pepper and ½ the olive oil; roast in the oven until nicely browned, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion and bay leaf in remaining olive oil over medium heat until onion turns golden. Stir occasionally. Add roasted zucchini; discard bay leaf.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with veggies. Stir in basil and [optional] cheese.