Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag baby spinach, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet infuse garlic and half the olive oil over medium heat for two minutes, add mushrooms and brown well over high heat, season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender combine cream to ½ bag spinach, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Add green cream to mushrooms and bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta; add to mushroom/spinach mixture, stir in remaining spinach and combine well over high heat.
- Stir in cheese before serving.