Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 Box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 cups canned Italian style tomatoes, crushed or [when in season fresh tomatoes]
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 basil leaves, divided
- 1 pound halibut fish, 1 inch diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F and bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In a skillet sauté onion with 2 tbs olive oil until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer for five minutes.
- Let cool down. Place in a blender and process with 8 leaves of basil, and 3 tbs olive oil. Set aside.
- Season halibut, roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, tss with tomato basil sauce, and halved cherry tomatoes over high heat for two minutes.
- Top with remaining julienned basil and halibut before serving.