Barilla Chickpea Rotini
With Halibut & Tomato-Basil Sauce
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 Box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 cups canned Italian style tomatoes, crushed or [when in season fresh tomatoes]
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 basil leaves, divided
- 1 pound halibut fish, 1 inch diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Pre-heat oven to 400º F and bring a large pot of water to boil.
2In a skillet sauté onion with 2 tbs olive oil until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer for five minutes.
3Let cool down. Place in a blender and process with 8 leaves of basil, and 3 tbs olive oil. Set aside.
4Season halibut, roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
5Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, tss with tomato basil sauce, and halved cherry tomatoes over high heat for two minutes.
6Top with remaining julienned basil and halibut before serving.