Barilla Chickpea Rotini
With Madras Curry, Chicken & Tomatoes
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 Box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1 chicken breast, small diced
- 1 pint colorful cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (Optional)
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil then season with salt.
2Cook pasta 1 minute less than package cooking time reserving 1 cup cooking water.
3Meanwhile, sauté garlic, chili flakes and curry powder in olive oil for 2 minutes.
4Add chicken breast and brown for 1 minute per side., Add tomatoes and 1 cup of cooking water; bring to a boil.
5Drain pasta and toss with sauce, continue cooking in the skillet for 1-2 minutes.
6Remove skillet from the heat and fold in the cheese if desired.