Barilla Chickpea Rotini
with Zucchini & Artichokes
- Vegetarian & Gluten Free
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 Box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 1 clove garlic, miced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 artichokes, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin lenghtwise
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 basil leaves, sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large skillet, sauté onion and and garlic with half the olive oil over medium heat for one minute; add artichokes and sauté for two more minutes.
Add zucchini and tomatoes and let it cook a few seconds, season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
Sauté pasta in the pan with the veggies, adding a little of the cooking water, remaining olive oil and top with basil leaves before serving.