Barilla Red Lentil Penne
with Chicken in Zesty Tomato, Olive & Caper Sauce
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 box Barilla Red Lentil Penne
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 chicken thighs, boneless and skinned, diced 1 inch
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 28-oz can "San Marzano" Italian tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chiffonade
- Salt to taste
1Place a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile in a skillet sauté garlic and cayenne pepper with olive oil for one minute.
Add chicken and brown on all sides, stir in olives and capers; sauté for several minutes then add tomatoes, season with salt as needed; simmer for five minutes.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce, stir in parsley before serving.