Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 Box Barilla Red Lentil Penne
- 1 each broccoli "Romanesco," or broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 whole leek, sliced into thin rings
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbs parsley, chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pan, cook leek and celery gently with 2 Tbs of olive oil, adding 1 Tbs of water every now and then to cook without browning.
- After sautéeing for about 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. After 3 minutes, add broccoli florets and cook together with the pasta.
- Once penne is cooked al dente, drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add pasta and broccoli to the pan with the sautéed leek mixture, adding a little of the cooking water and remaining olive oil. Top with parsley.