Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Penne
- 12 ounces porcini mushrooms, cleaned, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 leaves fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2-inch sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Grated lemon zest to taste
- Salt, black pepper and chili to taste
- Sauté mushrooms in a hot skillet with sunflower oil until crispy.
- Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper set aside in a bowl.
- Sweat the onion with butter. Add cabbage, season with salt and cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Add broth and boil for 15 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms. Add sage and chili to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta, add to cabbage sauce, and mix well. Finish with lemon zest.