Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 box Barilla Red Lentil Penne
- 1 cup Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 zucchini, small diced
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 10 basil leaves, julienned
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place a large pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion with half the olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes then add zucchini and broth; bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for three minutes.
Let cool down and process 2/3 of the zucchini mixture in the blender until smooth. Combine with unblended mixture and set aside.
In the same skillet sauté shrimp and tomatoes over high heat with remaining olive oil until blistered and thoroughly cooked, about four minutes.
Stir in zucchini sauce mixture. Drain pasta and toss with zucchini shrimp mixture, garnish with basil before serving.