- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Rotini
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Thinly sliced acorn squash
- ½ cup freshly grated Romano Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Fresh coarsely milled black pepper
- ¼ cup Pecans
- Sea Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 12 inch skillet heat the olive oil and add the squash. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the butter, black peppers and pecans. Saute for 1 minute.
- Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water and add it to the sauce.
- Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce. Remove the skillet from the heat and fold in the cheese.