Barilla® Red Lentil Rotini
with Creamy Leek & Artichoke Sauce
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size leek, sliced in rondels
- 1 package 8-oz frozen artichokes, thawed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup veggie broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté leek with olive oil until translucent, about five minutes over low heat.
- Add artichokes, turn heat up and cook until light brown, about five minutes.
- Stir in wine, reduce to half, add broth and reduce to half again.
- Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta, toss with sauce, stir in parsley and cheese before serving.