Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Rotini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, julienne
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced & toasted
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat add olive oil, season and sauté zucchini until lightly browned approximately 2 minutes. Remove zucchini.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add unsweetened almond milk and stir in pesto. Return zucchini to the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions reserving a ½ cup of pasta cooking water to lighten the sauce, if necessary.
- Drain pasta and toss with pesto and zucchini. Season to taste. Garnish with almonds.