Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Casarecce
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup leeks, sliced
- 5 leaves sage
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Sweet paprika to taste
- Salt to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions reserving ½-cup pasta cooking water.
In a skillet sauté squash with half the olive oil for three minutes, stir in broth and simmer until thoroughly cooked.
Let cool down and process in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
Meanwhile in a skillet heat remaining olive oil with sage leaves, leeks and paprika, sauté three minutes, stir in broccoli, ½-cup pasta cooking water, season with salt and sauté for three more minutes.
Stir in butternut sauce and simmer together for one minute. Discard sage.
Drain pasta and toss with veggie mixture and sprinkle with paprika before serving.
- Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Mix pasta with the butternut squash mixture, cooking water, and half of the cheese.
- Check seasoning and garnish with the remaining the cheese.