Avocado Breakfast Bowl
Breakfast bowls are a great way to start the day. Chickpea Orzo pasta is layered with eggs, avocado, tomatoes, spinach, & feta cheese.
Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for the Avocado Breakfast Bowl:
- 1 box of Barilla® Chickpea Orzo pasta
- ½ jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- ¼ cup prepared Dijon dressing
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 eggs, cooked and halved
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well, and place on a sheet tray with ½ of the olive oil to cool.
Mix spinach with dressing.
In four separate bowls place pasta, tossed spinach, egg, pesto, tomatoes, cheese, and pine nuts.
Adjust seasonings including pesto, drizzle remaining olive oil and serve.