Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
This orzo pasta recipe is one of our favorite go to cozy meals. Savory chicken broth, shredded chicken, bright lemon zest, spinach & freshly grated parmesan cheese make this a comfort staple.
For more creative recipe inspiration, check out our pasta on deck collection!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 ¼ cups Barilla® Chickpea Orzo pasta
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Bring broth to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
Turn heat off, stir in spinach, chicken meat, lemon juice and zest, let sit for 15 minutes.
Serve with cheese and a drizzle of olive oil over the top.