Pesto Pasta Salad
Quick and Easy Pasta Salad recipes are perfect for weeknight meals. This recipe uses chickpea orzo, pesto, zucchini, tomatoes, & fresh parmesan cheese.
For more creative recipe inspiration, check out our pasta on deck collection!
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Orzo pasta
- 2 ounces Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto (1/3rd of jar)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, ½ inch cubed
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a skillet add olive oil with garlic, add zucchini and cook over high heat for 3 minutes until slightly browned.
Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for two more minutes.
Drain pasta and toss with zucchini mixture.
Remove from heat, stir in pesto, and top with cheese.