Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for the Shrimp Zucchini Orzo Bowl:
- 1 box of Barilla® Chickpea Orzo pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup red onion, small dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup White wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup zucchini, half moons
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well, and place on a sheet tray with half the olive oil to cool.
In a skillet over medium/high heat add remaining olive oil and onion. Cook until translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
Add shrimp and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add zucchini.
Deglaze with wine. Add chicken broth, peas, pasta, lemon juice mix well. Top with parsley.