Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla Chickpea Penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced as thin as you can
- 1 28-oz can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated [optional]
- Calabrian spicy pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- Sea salt to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet gently infuse garlic with 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. When it starts frying add red pepper and soon after tomatoes and ½ cup of hot water.
Season with salt and bring to simmer; cook for 10-12 minutes.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce over high heat.
Turn off heat, finish with parsley, cheese and drizzle remaining olive oil before serving.