Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla Chickpea Penne pasta
- ½ sweet onion, sliced julienne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup thyme leaves
- 2 red bell pepper, cleaned, seeded, and sliced julienne
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a skillet, sauté onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil for 4 -5 minutes until translucent, add bell pepper and broth and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add cream, season with salt and pepper and bring to boil, cook for three minutes. Set aside to cool down.
Place in blender and process until it is a smooth sauce.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet infuse remaining olive oil with thyme leaves over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in pepper sauce and bring to a boil.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce over high heat until well combined. Top with cheese before serving.