Chickpea Penne with Lemon, Garlic & Ginger
Garlic, Ginger, and lemon zest are aromatics that give this pasta recipe it’s lovely robust flavor.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla Chickpea Penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, cut into small pieces
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic, ginger, and lemon zest in half the olive oil for one minute.
Add lemon juice and 1 cup pasta cooking water, bring to a simmer.
Drain pasta and toss with lemon juice mixture over high heat adding pasta cooking water as needed.
Turn off heat and finish with remaining olive oil, a good amount of freshly ground black pepper and cheese.