Chickpea Penne with Shallot, Asparagus & Cherry Tomatoes
Asparagus is the perfect produce to add to pasta dishes. It is simple to prepare, and when seared, cooks up perfectly tender.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla Chickpea Penne Pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced on a bias
- 1 pint multicolor cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté shallot with olive oil for a couple of minutes, stir in tomatoes and asparagus, salt and pepper and blister over high heat for a couple of minutes.
Drain pasta reserving 1/3 cup pasta water, toss pasta with veggies over high heat to combine well: adding pasta water for desired consistency.
Finish off the fire with cheese and parsley before serving.