Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion with olive oil over medium heat until translucent about three minutes.
Add sausage and brown well over high heat. Add cremini mushrooms, keep cooking until slightly brown, stir in white wine and reduce to half.
Add broth and simmer until reduced, about twenty minutes.
- Drain pasta and toss with sausage mixture, stir in cheese and parsley before serving.