- Vegetarian & Gluten Free
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, reserve half for finishing
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced small
- 1 cup spring peas, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced on a bias
- 1 red bell pepper, diced ½ inch
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions but drain two minutes early, reserving 2/3 cup pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile heat skillet with half of the olive oil. Stir in all vegetables and sauté over high heat for five minutes.
Drain pasta and toss with vegetables and pasta cooking water. Finish with cheese, remaining extra virgin olive oil and parsley.