Barilla Chickpea Rotini with Broccoli Roasted Red Peppers & Thyme
Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Vidalia onions, small dice
- 2 cups broccoli florets, small
- ½ cup roasted red peppers (jarred), small dice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Add thyme and roasted peppers, sauté for 1 minute.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 4 minutes.
- Reserve ½ cup of the pasta-cooking water then add it to the sauce, season to taste.
- Drain pasta/broccoli and add to the sauce, toss to combine. Finish with cheese before serving.