Barilla® Chickpea Rotini with Caramelized Onions Roasted Peppers Capers & Thyme
Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (jarred), sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onions in olive oil for 10 minutes over medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add peppers, capers and thyme to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add 1 cup pasta cooking water to the vegetables.
Drain pasta and add to the sauce, toss to combine. Finish with cheese before serving.